Doesn’t this look like Heaven? Found it here
7) Favorite Holiday Memory as a Child. Jabs Family Christmas Hands Down. The Jabs Family is my moms side of the family. Every year on Christmas Eve we would gather and have a huge dinner, sing Christmas Carols while my uncle played the guitar, and just hang out. Sometimes we would even watch Rudolph. You know, the old school Clay-mation one? Ah it was the best. Now most of the cousins have gone off and married so it’s an every other year thing. My uncle also passed away, so it’s just not the same as it was. But it really really was the best.
8)When and How Did You Learn The Truth About Santa? I have no idea. So it obviously wasn’t that tragic.
9) Do You Open a Gift on Christmas Eve? Yes we do (Jabs Family Christmas)
10)How Do You Decorate Your Christmas Tree? I bet the same way everyone else does.
11)Snow! Love it or Dread it?Love it! Cold weather without snow is annoying. If it’s going to be cold, there might as well be snow. Then you can play in it.
This is where John would bring up the memory of me promising I would do all the shovelling if we rented the corner house with the miles and miles of sidewalk because I love Shovelling! And then when it snowed I apparently claimed that I only like shovelling when it’s not cold out. Which doesn’t make ANY sense so I don’t think I said it. (But sometimes I whine and maybe, just maybe I let that slip out on a -30 day.)
12)Can You Ice Skate? YES! Cottage frozen lake ice skating is the BEST. Too bad Calgary doesn’t really have cottages…or real lakes.
13)Do You Remember Your Favorite Gift? No. Maybe that’s because all my gifts were awesome. Or because it’s not really about the Gifts people.
14)What’s The Most Important Thing About The Holidays For You? The whole “we got Jesus” thing. He was pretty good to us.
15)What is Your Favorite Holiday Dessert? Schneeballen
16)What is Your Favorite Holiday Tradition? Drinking Hot Chocolate out of a glass Santa mug on Christmas Morning. I will miss that this year, as the mug still lives in Ontario
17) What Tops Your tree? An Angel. I just bought my own this week and I’m really excited to see her up there.
18) Which Do You Prefer: Giving or Receiving? Christmas is really about giving. That’s why I bought John a Christmas present even though we decided not to get each other presents this year. I’m sneaky!
19)What is Your Favorite Christmas Song? Still, Still, Still
20)Candy Canes…good or bad? Good, but messy.
21)Favorite Christmas Show? Rudolph the old school one.
22) Saddest Christmas Song? That Christmas Shoes one
I would love to hear all about how you celebrate Christmas!