1) Fridays are never good days for me. You think I would be excited that it’s the weekend. But instead all I can think about is all the work I have to do for my thesis this month before my Big meeting on Jan.26th. These Big Meetings never go well, and on Fridays that is all I can think about. I actually wish the week was a teeny bit longer so I could get more done.
2) We put the furniture in the nursery last night. It looks amazing! I don’t want to show it to you until we get the crib mattress and some more baby supplies since the room still looks so bare.
3) So here in Calgary they do baby showers only AFTER the baby is born. Does it seem weird to anyone but me? I just feel like I will have everything I need by the time the baby is born so what is the point of the shower? I registered but I need all the things I registered for right away, except many the playpen and highchair, which are too expensive so no one would buy them as baby gifts anyways. Point is, tonight we’re going baby shopping and I will probably buy 85% of my registry.
4) My belly is getting hairier. Is that a normal symptom? It’s super weird. But I’m glad it’s blond hair.
5) I have severe anxiety regarding the crib mattress. Everyone just keeps saying the firmer the better… but there are SO many kinds. And the prices vary so much. why is that one so much more expensive? Is it safer? It is just a rip off? HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW?