It’s one week later and we have made progress on our to do list!
1) Clean garage- Done! I can’t park in it yet because of the basement supplies that are still there. We can’t exactly move the huge roll of carpet down there, it would be in the way! We did start a garage sale pile for the spring, so it will be even cleaner after that!
2) Clean basement-started. This might not get done before John’s parents get here. It might turn into piling things in the center of the room, which wouldn’t be so bad.
3) Permit- Done! John made beautiful plans and I dropped them off on Friday. They looked through everything and gave me the permit numbers right away.
4) Drain for patio-We have decided not to do any plumbing at this point in time.
5) Get bathtub- We picked out a tub and measured it. Since we aren’t doing any plumbing right now, we don’t need a tub. We just needed the measurements so we can frame the bathroom and be sure there is enough room for the tub. That part is done.
6) Figure out materials- Done! We already have the basement framed. John is an electrician so he has been collecting left over material from jobs for years now. We have all the stuff we need to do the electrical. John calculated the amount of drywall (picking it up this week) and insulation (we already have most if it from a sale earlier this year) we need. We bought doors on the weekend and we already have carpet that was given to us for free!
I’m really impressed with our progress so far. Part of cleaning out the garage involved bringing Henry’s new (to him) furniture up to the guest room and rearranging a few things so that the room is still live-able with 2 rooms worth of furniture in there. It wasn’t on the list but needed to be done. Now it’s all ready for John’s parents to arrive later this week.