How about some randomness for your Tuesday?
1) I went to a one day beginner cake decorating course on Saturday. It was lots of fun but I totally suck at it! However I will enjoy trying to make my kid’s birthday cakes a little more fun looking from now on.
|My cake was from a box mix and was too crumbly…live and learn|
2) Henry had the 24 hour stomach bug again last week. I’m not sure where he keeps getting it from. Luckily William didn’t get it, but I certainly did. Not fun! I kept trying to eat (since I’m pregnant, normally I would have waited it out) and then I would just throw it up every single time. On day 2 of it, my midwife Viv came by for my 18 week appointment and when she saw how low my blood pressure was, she gave me an electrolyte drink. It honestly fixed me! I drank it, then had a nap and woke up feeling normal. Then I drank a crazy amount of water for 2 days until I finally felt rehydrated. I’m glad it’s behind me and I hope none of us meet that illness again.
3) It’s my 30th birthday at the end of this week and I just found out that my best friend is flying out to celebrate it with me! I’m so excited for some time with her!! And how awesome of John and her to plan it. It was going to be a surprise, but John accidentally mentioned it at dinner one night. I love knowing because the anticipation is so much fun!
I didn’t mean not to blog this week. Every night I would climb into bed and think that I should just quickly write a blog post…and then I would fall asleep before I could even get up to do it. We had a tiring week.
We were hit with a cold on Saturday. Luckily only Henry and I were affected. While I hate to see my poor Henry not feeling well, at least he understands the concept of blowing his nose and can point to the places that hurt on his body. I was so glad William (who can’t do those things) remained healthy! We both seemed mostly back to normal by Monday night which makes it the shortest cold I’ve ever had. I give credit to John who cooked up some awesome Chicken-Lemon-Garlic-Ginger and vegetable Soup. We lived on that for 3 days until we ran out. Then he made roasted garlic pasta just to give us an extra boost. Plus all the hot water with Lemon, Ginger and Honey I’ve been drinking. It really seemed to do the trick. But I’ve been going to bed with the kids every night since because I’m just so tired still.
We definitely feel back into the swing of things, making it sink in that FALL is really here. My lovely inlaws have gone home (sad!). I’m back to taking the kids with me to baby sitting 2 days a week. We enrolled Henry (and William is welcome to go along) in a “class” at our town hall. They offer free activities for kids of all ages, but it’s really popular and it’s not first come first served. It goes by who hasn’t already been enrolled in that class, then First Come First Served. I tried to get into this activity in the spring but all the morning classes fill up fast (because of afternoon naps). I was so happy when I got the email saying Henry was enrolled. So we had the first class this week. It’s free play, followed by an optional craft, and then circle time with the teacher. Henry loved it (but wasn’t really interested in circle time…or the craft). I also enrolled him in the Christmas Music class, but it doesn’t start until mid November.
I got a questionable haircut yesterday. I’m still deciding how I feel about it. I wanted highlights, but John talked me out of it. So then I took A LOT off trying to get rid of the blonde ends (almost there). Now I miss the blonde ends. Geez. I just don’t know what I want with my hair.
Which brings us to today. We stopped by to see Alison and her 39 week pregnant belly this morning. Now we’re home and it’s time for the kids to nap. Have a lovely weekend friends!
1) It’s been raining for the better part of 3 weeks and I’m loving it. I might be the only one. But when it’s dark in the mornings from a dreary day, my babies sleep in longer. Our spotty grass (thanks to Rudy) is almost completely fixed thanks to all the rain. And Henry? He loves puddle jumping. And I love that I can still wear a zip up sweater, drink hot chocolate and occasionally turn on the fire place in the early morning.
2) I’m in desperate need of a hair cut and maybe some highlights. I always go back and forth on the highlights because they are so expensive! I had them done last in August. Then I had my hair cut all one length (no layers) in January. And now it’s not a good look. I’m wearing my hair in a ponytail every day. Even on days where I blow dry it and curl the ends under…I still end up putting it up. Do I grow it out again? Or keep a long bob? Do I get highlights? Do I get shorter bangs to make them more swoopy? I have a terrible cowlick that forces me to have bangs of some sort.
3) Speaking of hair, ever since we buzzed Henry’s hair it grows crazy fast. We buzz it once every 2 weeks. I can’t imagine having to pay for that so often.
4) I put William down for a nap in his crib for the first time in his life this week. I even went and had a shower during that time instead of sitting quietly on the floor of his room waiting for him to wake up like I wanted. Border line crazy right? He’s currently napping in his bouncy chair at my feet. I just like him near me. ALL THE TIME.
5) Do I still have 2 kids under 2 if the oldest is 2? Do I have to say 2 kids 2 and under now? I think about that far too often.